In A/V Output we take a gander at the latest podcasts and YouTube videos of interest to the retro gamer! If we’re missing your favourite podcaster or YouTuber, let us know and we’ll take a look.
- Arcade Attack looks at all the consoles and asks which ones have left a legacy.
- Our Sinclair‘s Speccy game of the week is golf-game, Leaderboard.
- Atari Bytes are playing Ms. Pac-Man on the Atari 7800.
- Shoot-em-up Zynaps is the feature of the latest Amigarama podcast.
In my day we had to type in our own games. (shut up grandad!)
- onaretrotip looks at the new Vectrex game Frontier Dead or Alive.
- Ashens types in a bunch of old programs from the book Usborne Weird Computer Games and plays them (above). “Way, way back in 1984 the good folk at Usborne brought out a book of source code for weird computer games. It told you how they worked so you could alter them and make your own – learning programming whilst playing weird games! But what did these example programs actually play like…? “
- Playstation1DemoDiscArchivePAL/NTSC as you might work out from the name is playing all of the demo discs for the PlayStation
- Nostalgia Nerd looks at the development of Tennis games starting back in 1958.
- TheGebs24 goes bargain hunting at car boot sales. Does she find anything, or is it just crap-loads of Fifa games, like when we go to the boot sales?
That’s it for this week. More A/V Output next Tuesday!