In A/V Output we take a gander at the latest podcasts and YouTube videos of interest to the retro gamer! If we’re missing your favourite podcaster or YouTuber, let us know and we’ll take a look.
- Arcade Attack ask ‘Is the PS2 the greatest console of all time?’
- Our Sinclair looks at The Addams Family for the ZX Spectrum
- Ten Pence Arcade‘s featured game is Nemesis, plus discussion on Raspberry Pi 4, Retroflag’s Game Boy style Pi case, and the Ice Cold Beer port for the C64.
- Arcade Perfect discuss the arcade conversions of Rastan Saga for the Amstrad CPC, Apple IIGS, ZX Spectrum and C64 and more.
- Nostalgia Nerd shows us a bunch of Nuclear Reactor Simulator style retro games.
- Sharopolis restarts the old Amiga vs ST debate: “Usually the Commodore Amiga had the upper hand in the 16-bit format war, but not always. Sometimes the Atari ST was the victor and I take a look at those rare moments when it beat it’s biggest competitor. “
- ChinnyVision plays Dempsey And Makepeace on the Amstrad CPC – “The game was advertised for the CPC, C64 and Spectrum but only the CPC version ever turned up. Is it an all action 80’s cop show game worth seeking out? Why did the other versions never come out. ChinnyVision investigates using real hardware”
- Gaming Exhibit has played every BBC Micro game beginning with a number and ranked them all
That’s it for this week. More A/V Output next Tuesday!