Fans of Macintosh shareware game, Escape Velocity Override, now have the opportunity to back the remake of the game on Kickstarter (see our previous report here).
Like the original, the new version – entitled Cosmic Frontier: Override, is a single-player space trading game with missions. Imagine if Elite and Asteroids had a baby and you’re most of the way there.
Cosmic Frontier: Override will feature:
- Hundreds of star systems, planets and space stations to visit
- Dozens of different classes of ship to pilot, and fight against
- Numerous human and alien factions with their own characteristic technologies
- A wide range of weapons and equipment for your ship
- Hundreds of missions, including some which will change the face of the galaxy
Like the original, the new game will be able to be modded so new missions and scenarios can be developed by fans. The team are also aiming for part compatibility with original mods, so they won’t need much work to update.
Cosmic Frontier is being developed by software engineer, Tom Hancocks, and scenario designer Peter Cartwright, who created the scenario for the original game. Their company is named Evocation Games.
You can back the project on Kickstarter here. The team aim to launch the game on Mac OS, Windows and Linux.