Welcome to RAMOKROMOK forums!

Ramokromok

Administrator
Hello

This is a bit of an experiement really! I love reading about retro gaming almost as much as playing them.

A lot of retro-discussion these days takes place on Closed Facebook Groups and Discord -- and they're excellent places for chat. But sadly some really useful information can be difficult to retrieve later, so I decided to make a forum!

The forum is for anyone with a love of retro machines, whether it be microcomputers, consoles, arcades or even PDAs and old Nokia phones!

There's a lot of exciting new machines coming out with a retro-slant these days too, so I've made dedicated forums for the Evercade, Spectrum Next, Mega 65, Playdate, Amico, Pico-8 and even the Atari VCS, if you really want!

If you have a retro-gaming podcast or you tube channel, feel free to promote new episodes in our promotion forum here!

Please let me know if you have any suggestions!

Forum Rules

There's no-one on here at the moment, apart from me talking to myself, so currently the only rule is: Don't be a dick

Last edited:

BobbyPlus4

Happy The Office GIF by Cameo

JoyFreak

Hi, I just signed up. The forum looks absolutely gorgeous. I love the retro but modern look you got going on. The t-shirts offered as prizes are awesome too. I would love to win one :)

datindikid

Hey, just signed up after seeing your twitter post. I would love to participate in this community since I have a lot of interest in learning programming for retro computers (C64, NES, Amiga CPC, etc.)

Hopefully I can be a good contributor in time to this community!

Thanks for having me here!

Ramokromok

Administrator
Hey, just signed up after seeing your twitter post. I would love to participate in this community since I have a lot of interest in learning programming for retro computers (C64, NES, Amiga CPC, etc.)

Hopefully I can be a good contributor in time to this community!

Thanks for having me here!
I've started programming so many games in my teenage years, that I never finished - would love to finish them finally.

Would love to hear more about how you are finding coding for them

datindikid

I've started programming so many games in my teenage years, that I never finished - would love to finish them finally.

Would love to hear more about how you are finding coding for them
Well I am still very much a beginner, so I don't have much to say!

Maybe in a few days/weeks I will be able to produce something I can show off hehehe

duhproject

Hello Everyone!

Great to see a new forum pop up. Big thanks to RAMOKROMOK for the invite.

Have to admit, every year I make a resolution to be MORE on the Internet (besides Twitter @duhproject and DISCORD) and I seem to fail a few months in. The last thing I want to do is be on a computer after a full day of beating my head against them. But I *KNOW* I am missing out on a ton of great content on forums like this and YouTube, etc. So here I am, trying again, and hopefully it'll stick one of these days.

Thanks!

-Eric

Ramokromok

Administrator
Nice to have you here Eric! Hopefully there’s enough people into old systems and old games to make a nice place to hang out. If not, it was worth a try!

robotjon 2084

Hello - I found the site because of the home-brew database you mention on Twitter, and thought I would sign up to the forum but it doesn't look like its very busy at the moment! :oops:

Members online