Like Xevious, Galaxian was transcoded, which means that the original code was disassembled and reverse-engineered, then transcoded line-by-line to 68K assembly. As a result, it plays just like the arcade original. As well as Amiga, this is also available for Neo Geo.
- Jean-Francois Fabre (aka jotd): Z80 to 68k transcode, Amiga code and assets
- Mark McDougall (aka tcdev): Neo Geo code and assets (conversion)
- Scott Tunstall: Galaxian Z80 reverse engineering
- phx: ptplayer sound/music replay Amiga code
- blastar: NGFX SoundBuilder (Neo Geo sound tool)
A port of the 1983 Midway game by Old Bob, who has been working on the conversion for the last few years (more info)
It looks like there’s going to be a port of Flying Shark for the Amiga too, so it looks like the ports are continuing!