They say “We’ve worked closely with some of the world’s most renowned Game Boy collectors to pull together a varied selection of titles that spans both Western and Eastern tastes. We’ve tried to strike the right balance between the two, and we hope you’ll enjoy seeing some familiar pieces of art rubbing shoulders with covers for games you perhaps know from the dim and distant past, but have never before seen presented in the packaging shown here.”
Each page not only features the box art, but also screen shots of the game, and translating the titles of Japanese games in to r?maji. The book features contributions from Jas Austin, Jean-Jacques Calbayrac, Tim Girvin, Vincent Haucourt, Michael Lynch, Paul Machacek, Damien McFerran and Chris Sutherland.
The book is 372 pages long and as well as a standard edition is available in two strictly limited edition variants: Gold and Silver.
The ‘Silver version’:
- the book is housed within a sturdy metallic silver card box;
- this box features an exclusive cover illustration designed by the one and only Wil Overton (Super Play, Rare);
- an A2 poster of Wil’s artwork comes with it, supplied rolled within a heavy-duty tube; and…
- this version is limited to 1,500 copies.
The ‘Gold version’:
- the book is housed within a sturdy metallic gold card box and features a holographic edition sticker;
- this box features the same exclusive cover illustration by Wil Overton;
- includes a postcard, featuring the cover illustration, signed by Wil;
- the A2 poster of Wil’s artwork also comes with it, supplied rolled within a heavy-duty tube; and…
- this version is limited to only 500 copies – sure to become a true collector’s item!
The Gold version is already sold out, but for more information, or if you want to snap up the Silver edition, head over to Bitmap Books. The book will be available from 7th December 2020.