“Our customers and social media followers have been clamoring for a classy Playdate case, so we’ve designed a unique one I think they’ll appreciate,” said company owner Gary Waterfield. “It’s custom-fitted to hold the Playdate—with or without the Playdate cover—and its USB cord. I love the smell of the premium leather and the way the compact gaming case feels in my hand. The magnetic closur e is secure and fun to use; it even allows you to charge your Playdate while it’s protected inside the case.”
The case is available as premium full-grain leather, vegan ballistic nylon, or vegan waxed canvas, combined with plush interior padding. Strings of magnets along two sides of the Playdate case create a magnetic “zipper” that can be opened by squeezing the case between two fingers or by placing one finger inside and “unzipping” the magnets.
Playdate Magnetic Case Features:
- Rugged full-grain leather, ballistic nylon, and waxed canvas each project a professional aesthetic (that can slip under the radar at work).
- Clever rare-earth magnetic “zipper” closure quietly secures the main compartment, acts as a protective bumper, and allows in-case charging.
- Soft, plush liner protects the Playdate’s display, body, and crank.
- Reinforced interior seams create an additional protective barrier around the Playdate.
- Cushioned interior pocket stows the Playdate USB charging cord.
- Two nylon loops attach to an optional wrist strap or a carabiner that can fasten the case to a bag or strap.
- Designed and handcrafted entirely in WaterField’s San Francisco sewing studio.
The Playdate Magnetic Case joins WaterField’s bespoke gaming case collection for gamers on the go: Nintendo Switch and Switch Lite Cases, Analogue Pocket Cases, and Steam Deck Cases.
Available for $45 (ballistic nylon or waxed canvas); $49 (full-grain leather) in a choice choice of black, blue, chocolate, grizzly, or white full-grain leather with black ballistic nylon; or two vegan options: all black ballistic nylon or all tan waxed canvas.
You can pre-order now at the company’s website. Shipping begins March 7.